A-1 Salisbury Steak with Portabella Mushrooms
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbground beef
1 pkgonion soup mix
1red bell pepper finely chopped
1 citalian bread crumbs or plain
1 Tbspa-1 steak sauce
1/2 tspblack pepper
2eggs slightly beaten
1 pkgportabella mushrooms sliced
1 largecarrot sliced very thin.
2 pkgbrown gravy mix
1/2 smallcan cream of mushroom soup
·meat tenderizing tool
How to Make A-1 Salisbury Steak with Portabella Mushrooms
- Preheat Broiler on high.
In large bowl combine ground beef, onion soup mix, chopped bell pepper, Italian bread crumbs, steak sauce, black pepper, eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Slice portabella mushrooms. Spray pan and add a little butter. When hot sauté mushrooms and carrots together until mushrooms are slightly browned and carrots are slightly soft. Set aside.
- Spray a large shallow baking dish or pan and place patties in pan. Broil patties on high until browned about 8 minutes.
- While patties are cooking prepare brown gravy mixes in medium pan. In another pan heat 1/2 the can of cream of mushroom soup until hot. Add mushroom soup to gravy and stir. Heat through.
- Reduce broiler to low and turn patties over. Cook until browned for about another 5-7 minutes.
- When patties are done, spoon the portabella mushrooms and sliced carrots over them and pour gravy on top. let simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with mash potatoes.