10 Star Roast Beef Tenderloin
2 1/2beef tenderloin (must be from costco)
2extra large beef bouillon cubes
2garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tspdijon mustard
1 Tbsptomato paste
1/8 tspfreshly ground pepper
2 tspworcestershire sauce
1/4 cboiling water
1 Tbspunsalted butter
3/4 cdry red wine
1 Tbspdry sherry
1 clow sodium beef or chicken broth
1 Tbspcornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
How to Make 10 Star Roast Beef Tenderloin
- poke the meat with a knife to make small slits all over. Set aside.
- mix the bouillon cubes, garlic, mustard, tomato paste, pepper and worcestershire sauce. pour in ¼ cup of boiling water to dissolve the bouillon. using the back of a wooden spoon, crush the cubes. keep crushing and stirring until you have made a nice thick paste.
- rub the paste all over the meat, rotating it to coat all sides well. transfer the meat to a roasting pan, cover loosely with foil and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- while the meat is marinating, set the oven rack to the middle position of the oven and preheat oven to 425.
- pour enough water into the roasting pan to come to a depth of ¼ to ½ inch. place the pan in the oven and roast, covered with foil, for 15 minutes.
- emove the foil and rotate the pan. continue cooking and check after 10 minutes that there is still liquid in the pan; add ¼ cup of hot water if needed. roast for an additional 5 minutes for rare, an additional 15 minutes for med rare and 20 minutes for medium or until the center of the roast registers the desired temp.
- transfer the roast to a platter, cover with foil to keep warm and allow it to rest while you prepare the gravy.
- place the roasting pan with all of the drippings on a burner over med heat. scrape up the brown bits with a wooden spoon add the butter and stir. whisk in the wine, sherry and broth. add the cornstarch water mixture whisking until thickened - another 2 - 3 minutes.
- slice the roast and arrange on a platter.