Zucchini and Mushrooms with Fettuccini
This serves 10-12, so you may want to cut it in half.
I plan to add some chicken and garlic to the recipe. You will see my changes or additions below the original recipe, if you would care to use them.
- 2 Tbsp
- salt for pasta*
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil or cooking oil for pasta
- 12 oz
- 8 oz
- fresh mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 lb
- small zucchini, cut into 2 1/2 inch strips
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 c
- butter or margarine, cut up
- 3/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c
- snipped italian parsely
- salt and pepper
- * * * * * * * *
- *will cut the 2 tbs. of salt to 1 tbs. for full recipe and cut to 1/2 tbs. for half a recipe
- *add 2-3 garlic cloves, minced to full recipe, 1-2 cloves minced for half a recipe
- *will add 12 chicken tenders to full recipe, 6 chicken tenders for half recipe
- *add olive oil to saute chicken tenders, as needed, don't go overboard
- *add 2 garlic cloves, minced to oil for 12 chicken tenders, 1 clove, minced for 6 chicken tenders
How to Make Zucchini and Mushrooms with Fettuccini
- 1*If using chicken, in this recipe, put a skillet on med. high heat; add oil & garlic, then chicken. Reduce heat, slightly as not to burn garlic. Saute, until brown on one side, then turned to brown other side. Reduce heat to low and add 2 Tbs. water. While, cooking chicken, start water to boil for fettuccini, as below.
- 2Bring water to boil in a Dutch oven or spaghetti pot with the 2 Tbs. salt & the oil. Cook pasta for 7 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sliced mushrooms, in the first 1/4 cup butter or margarine, over med-high heat, for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- 3While pasta is cooking, take chicken (if using)off of heat. Cut chicken tenders into pieces. Return chicken to covered skillet, return to heat, just on warm.
- 4In skillet with mushrooms, add zucchini, cream, and the remaining butter. Bring to boiling; simmer, covered, 3 minutes. Add chicken (if using) and stir to mix.
- 5Add pasta to mushroom (and chicken, if using) mixture in skillet. Add Parmesan and parsley, tossing, until all is mixed. Season to taste, with salt & pepper.
- 6Serve at once. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan, if desired. Makes 10-12 servings.