White Seafood Pizza
I realize these are recipes and I do not actually make my dough, so feel free to substitute your personal favorite dough recipe for this one.
1 largepizza dough ball from your local pizzaria or gourmet market
1/2 lbshelled and deveined shrimp (uncooked)
1 sticksalted butter
1 1/2 Tbspminced garlic
1/4jullienne sliced yellow bell pepper
2 cshredded raw spinach
1lg bag shredded itallian 5 cheese blend 16oz.
1/4small (pearl onion size) fresh buffalo mozarella cheese balls
4 tspraw sesame seeds
2 Tbspgarlic powder with parsley
2 Tbspfresh corn meal
·flour for dusting
How to Make White Seafood Pizza
- Pick up your doughballs from local gourmet market or pizzaria (or make your own) let stand well floured under platic and covered with towel
- preheat oven to 500 with pizza stone in place 425 if using a pan (baking times will be longer)
- peel tails of of shrimp and chop into chunks as long as they are wide.
- put 3/4 of the stick of butter in microwave safe bowl with minced garlic and shrimp and little bit of the spinach chopped fine (for color). cover and nuke for 2 mins.
- flour counter top and roll out dough to fit stone and peel. sprinkle with cornmeal and sesame seeds and flip onto your pizza peel (or pan if not using a pizza stone)** suggestion use a mix of olive oil and butter on dough before sprinkling ingredients, if using a pan)
- pour shrimp-butter mix onto center of dough and spread it out to 1" from edge. use brush for the edges
- use remaining butter (melted), sprinkle garlic powder and sesame seeds along edges, spread out 1/2 of the chopped spinach and cover center with shredded cheese then space out cheeseballs and sliced pepper and remaining spinach (reserve 2 tbs for garnish)
- step back and open oven, sprinkle corn meal onto stone and slide pizza onto stone using your peel.
- bake 5-12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly
- garnish with spinach, slice up and enjoy!!