Relda Jean Sandgran
For those that can't eat anything without some meat in it (my son) Just fry up a little hamburger about 1/2 lb. and mix it in with your sauce.
- 1-2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 1/2 c
- zucchini, thinley sliced
- 1 1/2 c
- carrot, shredded
- 1 c
- broccoli florets
- 8 oz
- baby portebello mushrooms, sliced
- 4 clove
- crushed garlic
- 10 oz
- froze chopped spinnach (defrosted and squeezed dry)
- 15 oz
- cottage cheese, small curd (drained)
- 2 large
- 4 oz
- can chopped olives (optional)
- 1 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- 32 oz
- italian blend shrededed mozzarella cheese
- 2 jar(s)
- ragu chunky mushroom sauce (or your favorate sauce)
- 1 pkg
- oven ready lasagna noodles
How to Make Vegetable Lasagna
- 1In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, Add garlic and saute a little then add zucchini, carrots, and broccoli (you can also add a small finally chopped onion.)Saute for 5-6 minutes until vegetables are tender crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl combine drained cottage cheese, frozen drained spinach, eggs, can of chopped olives, & 1/2 C. parmigiano cheese. Mix and set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 350. In a lasagna pan spread 1/2 C. pasta sauce top with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread 1 Cup sauce, 1/3 of the Vegetable mixture, 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 of remaining parmigiano
cheese and 1/3 of Italian blend cheese, Top with 4 more lasagna noodles and make another row as above. For your last row you will make it the same but there will not be the parmigiano cheese left you will top with the remaining Italian blend cheese.
- 4Bake uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes or until bubbly and noodles are cooked. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 5NOTE: At the point of when the vegetables are cooked you can add your sauce in with the vegetables if you want to. You can also use mozzarella cheese in place of the Italian blend cheese. You can also mix the Parmesan cheese in with your Italian blend or Mozzarella cheese. I like the oven ready noodles, you can use pre-cooked noodles if you want just don't bake as long. I also would only cook the noodles part way through.