1 pkgrefrigerated pie crust
1 Tbspdijon mustard
1/4 cunsalted butter
9 ozfrozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cred onion, finely chopped
1/4 csun-dried tomatoes, minced
1/2 tspitalian seasoning
1/4 tspgarlic powder
2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cpine nuts, toasted
How to Make Tuscan Spinach Torta
- To toast nuts, spread on cookie sheet; bake at 350 for 3 to 6 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions for one-crust baked shell using 10" springform pan (or 9" pie pan - refrigerate remaining crust for later use).
- Place prepared crust in pan; press in bottom and up sides of pan.
- Trim edges if necessary.
- Spread mustard over bottom of crust.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add spinach, onion and tomatoes; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Italian seasoning, oregano, garlic powder and salt; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine eggs and cheese; mix well.
- Stir in spinach mixture.
- Spoon evenly into partially baked crust; sprinkle pine nuts evenly over top, pressing in slightly.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until filling and pine nuts are golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes.