I make this all in one pan because I am the dishwasher but you could speed this up utilizing multiple burners on your stove at the same time.
- thick slices of bacon
- 1 lb
- ground italian sausage
- 1 bunch
- kale (rinsed, stems removed, and chopped) we love the kale in this so we use 2 bunches but you need a huge pot for that.
- 2 c
- 6 c
- chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes (or more to taste if you like it hot)
- salt and pepper to taste
- yukon gold potatoes with skin on (washed and sliced 1/2" rounds)
- 1 large
- onion chopped
- 1 1/3 clove
- garlic minced
How to Make Toscana Soup
- 1In a large stock pot brown Italian sausage and red pepper flakes. Remove from pan and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- 2Add bacon to the same pot and brown with the onions adding the garlic in the last minute of cooking the bacon, remove to plate with Italian sausage.
- 3Rinse pot and add water and potatoes. Boil until potatoes are tender and drain. Run knife or big metal spoon through the potatoes to break into large pieces being careful not to mash or smash.
- 4Add chicken broth, bacon, sausage, and potatoes back to pot. Bring to boil. Add chopped kale. cook 2 minutes. Turn heat off and stir in cream, salt and pepper to taste. Voila!