Tomato Beer Sauce
- 1 lb
- cooked sweet italian sausages (optional, you could sub with cooked chicken or keep plain)
- 4 bottle
- budweiser beer or similar beer
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- sweet onion, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 - 29 oz
- cans of diced tomatoes
- 3 - 4
- pieces of basil or a few shakes of dried basil
- 2 lb
- penne pasta or pasta of your choice
- 2 Tbsp
- sugar ( for reduction of acid in sauce)
How to Make Tomato Beer Sauce
- 1take big sauce pot and add your olive oil with your onions and cook until translucent. Then add your garlic and cook until garlic is golden brown.
- 2Add your 2 cans of diced tomatoes, add a can of water and let cook until your sauce comes to a simmer. When your sauce comes to a simmer add 2Tbsp of sugar, keep stirring until sugar is dissolved and add your basil leaves.
- 3Add 2 Bottles of beer to the tomato sauce and let the sauce come to a boil then cook on med/low heat and you could add your cooked sausage or chicken, or just let cook on low if you are keeping the sauce plain.
- 4while your sauce is cooking. Add 2 bottles of beer in a pot and fill the pot the rest of the way with water. Add salt to cut the bitterness. Cook on high when the water comes to a boil add your Pasta and cook until al dente.
- 5Drain your pasta. Top your pasta with the delicious beer sauce, add some Parmesan cheese if desired and enjoy!!