Tomato Beer Sauce
1 lbcooked sweet italian sausages (optional, you could sub with cooked chicken or keep plain)
4 bottlebudweiser beer or similar beer
4 Tbspolive oil
1sweet onion, diced
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 - 29 ozcans of diced tomatoes
3 - 4pieces of basil or a few shakes of dried basil
2 lbpenne pasta or pasta of your choice
2 Tbspsugar ( for reduction of acid in sauce)
How to Make Tomato Beer Sauce
- take big sauce pot and add your olive oil with your onions and cook until translucent. Then add your garlic and cook until garlic is golden brown.
- Add your 2 cans of diced tomatoes, add a can of water and let cook until your sauce comes to a simmer. When your sauce comes to a simmer add 2Tbsp of sugar, keep stirring until sugar is dissolved and add your basil leaves.
- Add 2 Bottles of beer to the tomato sauce and let the sauce come to a boil then cook on med/low heat and you could add your cooked sausage or chicken, or just let cook on low if you are keeping the sauce plain.
- while your sauce is cooking. Add 2 bottles of beer in a pot and fill the pot the rest of the way with water. Add salt to cut the bitterness. Cook on high when the water comes to a boil add your Pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain your pasta. Top your pasta with the delicious beer sauce, add some Parmesan cheese if desired and enjoy!!