Tomato Basil Risotto
1 carborio rice
1 Tbspolive oil
1/2 cwhite wine (optional)
1 largeonion, chopped
5 chot chicken broth (i use a "no chicken" chicken broth)
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
4roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 cfresh basil, julienned
How to Make Tomato Basil Risotto
- Heat oil in a heavy, non-stick 2 quart pot.
saute onion in oil until transluscent.
- Add rice and stir until grains are coated with oil.
- Add wine and stir constantly, on medium heat, until wine is absorbed. (If you do not wish to use wine, use broth)
- Add 1 cup stock, stirring until liquid is absorbed. Continue to add stock, one cup at a time, stirring and allowing liquid to absorb before adding the next cup. This will take about 30 minutes or so.
The rice, when done, should be be firm with a little bite in the center or al dente.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add butter and quickly stir until melted. add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently add the tomatoes and basil and serve.