How to Make Tiramisu
- 1Whip the cold cream until soft peaks form.
- 2Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, one tsp rum and mascarpone cheese.
- 3Whip until stiff peaks form.
- 4Pour the rest of the rum into a cup of black coffee that has been cooled slightly.
- 5Buy the small thin ladyfingers and open one package. Place the ladyfingers along the sides and bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. (a 9x13 rectangle pan works just as well with ladyfingers on bottom only).
- 6Brush the ladyfingers with the coffee mixture. The ones on the side should only have a small amount of coffee mixture brushed on.
- 7Now take your cream mixture and place 1/3 of the bowl over the lady fingers and carefully smooth it around the first layer of the tiramisu.
- 8Add another layer of ladyfingers on top of the cream mixture, brush it with rum.
- 9Now add another layer of cream mixture.
- 10Another layer of ladyfingers and follow with the rest of the cream mixture.
- 11Sprinkle shaved chocolate on the top and refrigerate overnight.
- 12Unmold the pan and wrap a ribbon around it (optional) to make it look pretty.