Three Cheese Pizza1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 ctomato sauce
2 cmozzarella, diced
1 cswiss cheese, diced
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
1 tspherbs of choice
1 Tbspolive oil
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
How to Make Three Cheese Pizza
- At least 30 minutes before baking, preheat your pizza stone or oven tiles to 450 degrees.
- Flatten the dough and form into a ball by folding the left side two thirds over onto the right side.
- Flatten the dough, pushing from right to left.
- Turn a quarter turn and repeat.
- Repeat this rapidly until you have a cushion of dough smooth on the bottom.
- Now turn the dough "smooth side up" and rotate the dough between your hands while tucking the dough under itself.
- This will increase the tension on the top of the dough and make a nice ball shape.
- Flatten the dough into a disk using a floured rolling pin.
- When the dough resists, allow it to rest a few minutes covered loosely with a towel or floured plastic wrap.
- Repeat this until you have a circle with a 14 to 16 inch diameter.
- If the dough is at all sticky, flour both sides heavily.
- Sprinkle your piel with cornmeal.
- Roll the dough up on your rolling pin and transfer to the piel.
- Adjust the dough as needed and quickly assemble the pizza.
- Brush the surface lightly with olive oil.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the surface leaving a 1/2 inch boarder.
- Garnish the surface with the mixed cheeses, add the herbs and drizzle the olive oil over the surface.
- Add salt and pepper and finish with a sprinkling of parmesan.
- Open the oven door, position the piel at the back of the stone or tiles and give the piel a few quick jerks to make sure the pizza is loose and will slide.
- Pull the piel back and the pizza will slide onto the stone.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- The cheese should be bubbling and the edges should be browning lightly.
- *Recommended herbs: oregano, thyme and basil (mixed)