Three Cheese Pizza1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- pizza dough
- 2 c
- tomato sauce
- 2 c
- mozzarella, diced
- 1 c
- swiss cheese, diced
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp
- herbs of choice
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- "just a pinch" of salt
- "just a pinch" of pepper
How to Make Three Cheese Pizza
- 1At least 30 minutes before baking, preheat your pizza stone or oven tiles to 450 degrees.
- 2Flatten the dough and form into a ball by folding the left side two thirds over onto the right side.
- 3Flatten the dough, pushing from right to left.
- 4Turn a quarter turn and repeat.
- 5Repeat this rapidly until you have a cushion of dough smooth on the bottom.
- 6Now turn the dough "smooth side up" and rotate the dough between your hands while tucking the dough under itself.
- 7This will increase the tension on the top of the dough and make a nice ball shape.
- 8Flatten the dough into a disk using a floured rolling pin.
- 9When the dough resists, allow it to rest a few minutes covered loosely with a towel or floured plastic wrap.
- 10Repeat this until you have a circle with a 14 to 16 inch diameter.
- 11If the dough is at all sticky, flour both sides heavily.
- 12Sprinkle your piel with cornmeal.
- 13Roll the dough up on your rolling pin and transfer to the piel.
- 14Adjust the dough as needed and quickly assemble the pizza.
- 15Brush the surface lightly with olive oil.
- 16Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the surface leaving a 1/2 inch boarder.
- 17Garnish the surface with the mixed cheeses, add the herbs and drizzle the olive oil over the surface.
- 18Add salt and pepper and finish with a sprinkling of parmesan.
- 19Open the oven door, position the piel at the back of the stone or tiles and give the piel a few quick jerks to make sure the pizza is loose and will slide.
- 20Pull the piel back and the pizza will slide onto the stone.
- 21Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 22The cheese should be bubbling and the edges should be browning lightly.
- 23*Recommended herbs: oregano, thyme and basil (mixed)