Stuffed Zucchini Boats
One of my favorite ways to cook zucchini...hope you enjoy it as well!
1/2 lbitalian pork sausage
1/2 lblean ground beef
1/2 cbread crumbs, dry
1 or 2 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated ( fresh, not boxed)!
1 jar(s)24 oz. spaghetti sauce (i often use the canned hunts with meat)
1/2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rolling boil.
Wash and trim stem ends from zucchini and slice lengthwise.
Place zucchini into the boiling water and par-boil for 2-3 minutes.(Do not overcook). Remove from water and place on cutting board or work surface.
- Scoop flesh and seeds from zucchini halves using a melon baller or spoon, starting about 1/2 inch from the ends and leaving about 1/2 inch shell, creating a boat.
Chop and reserve flesh and seeds.
- In a medium bowl; mix the flesh, seeds, sausage, ground beef, bread crumbs, garlic and parmesan cheese together, mixing well.(I just use my hands)!
- Stuff each squash with meat mixture.
Pour 1/4 of the spaghetti sauce into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Place zucchini halves onto the spaghetti sauce and pour the remaining sauce over the tops of zucchini.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350º oven for 45 minutes or until sausage and beef are cooked through. Remove foil and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Return to oven until cheese is melted. Serve.