stuffed ricotta spinach shells w/ italian sausage
prep time 20
cook time 45
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- manicotti shells
- 1 can(s)
- spaghetti sauce
- 1 pkg
- italian pork sausage hot
- 1 pt
- ricotta cheese
- 1 pt
- 1/4 c
- cream cheese
- 1/4 can(s)
- parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pkg
- frozen spinach
- 1 small
- kosher salt to taste
- pepper to taste
How to Make stuffed ricotta spinach shells w/ italian sausage
- 1preheat oven 375 380
- 2cook pasta according to package directions, making sure to cook them at al dente. set aside to cool and drain
- 3in mixing bowl prepare the cream cheese mix for a minute to soften, then add ricotta, and parmesan cheese. set aside
- 4sear Italian sausage in sauce pan and add your favorite spag. sauce. ( sorry husband wont give out ''HIs'' recipe for that)cover and simmer till cooked threw.
- 5in a sauté pan cook shallots till translucent and then add s and p, the spinach and cream and reduce by half to thicken.
- 6add a few spoonful's or so of the creamed spinach into the baking pan so the shells wont stick, jus enough to cover the bottom.
- 7then combine the creamed spinach and ricotta together and let the stuffing begin.
a big tip is to not over stuff the shells, I use about a spoon full.
- 8bake uncovered for about 20-30 minutes, or until its set.
take out let stand for 5 minutes and eat and enjoy!
a crusty bread is great with it as well.