stuffed ricotta spinach shells w/ italian sausage
prep time 20
cook time 45
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgmanicotti shells
1 can(s)spaghetti sauce
1 pkgitalian pork sausage hot
1 ptricotta cheese
1/4 ccream cheese
1/4 can(s)parmesan cheese
1/2 pkgfrozen spinach
·kosher salt to taste
·pepper to taste
How to Make stuffed ricotta spinach shells w/ italian sausage
- preheat oven 375 380
- cook pasta according to package directions, making sure to cook them at al dente. set aside to cool and drain
- in mixing bowl prepare the cream cheese mix for a minute to soften, then add ricotta, and parmesan cheese. set aside
- sear Italian sausage in sauce pan and add your favorite spag. sauce. ( sorry husband wont give out ''HIs'' recipe for that)cover and simmer till cooked threw.
- in a sauté pan cook shallots till translucent and then add s and p, the spinach and cream and reduce by half to thicken.
- add a few spoonful's or so of the creamed spinach into the baking pan so the shells wont stick, jus enough to cover the bottom.
- then combine the creamed spinach and ricotta together and let the stuffing begin.
a big tip is to not over stuff the shells, I use about a spoon full.
- bake uncovered for about 20-30 minutes, or until its set.
take out let stand for 5 minutes and eat and enjoy!
a crusty bread is great with it as well.