1 can(s)tomato paste (15 oz.)
2 mediumonions, chopped
2 Tbspolive oil
2 lbground round or ground sirloin
1 boxpitted prunes
1 1/2 cbread crumbs, seasoned
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 stickbutter, melted
How to Make Stuffed Meatballs
- In a large pot add tomato paste and 4c. water. Stir until mixed well.
- In a skillet saute onions in olive oil until browned. Add to the pot of paste.
- Place meat in a deep bowl add seasonings and eggs. Mix with your hands. Add bread crumbs enough to hold the meat together .
Make meat balls of desired size. Insert prune in the center and form the meat around it in a ball and make sure the prune is completely sealed in the ball.
- Melt butter in a shallow bowl and place remaining bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. dip each meatball in butter then roll in bread crumbs. Place on cookie sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray and bake at 350^ for 15 minutes.
- Let meatballs cool enough to handle then add to paste pot, add remaining prunes to pot. Cover tightly. cook on simmer 30 minutes.
Bring to a boil uncovered to thicken sauce. When sauce becomes thick. Remove from heat.
- Serve over pasta, rice, or potatoes.