Stromboli Sandwich with Ham
I have been looking for a similar sandwich in Italian restaurants ever since then and I finally had to admit the search was in vain because what I remember was unique and not authentic Italian.
Here is my version based on others I have tried, not close to the one I searched for, but I still think its very good.
- 2-4 Tbsp
- pizza sauce, depending on how saucy you like this
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly grated black pepper
- 1 can(s)
- refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 lb
- very thinly sliced deli ham (can use salami, pepperoni, or a combination of meats)
- 2 c
- shredded mozzerella cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 4 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese, divided
How to Make Stromboli Sandwich with Ham
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together pizza sauce, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Using your hands stretch pizza crust out to a rectangle approximate 9 by 13 inches. Lay on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 2Spread pizza sauce on crust. Place ham and cheese on next, spreading evenly. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese on top of all.
Roll up tightly from a short side. Pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush top of loaf with butter. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- 3Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut with a serrated knife.
You can add mushrooms or green peppers, whatever you like on pizza. If you add more that 1/4 cup ingredients you may need to bakea bit longer.