Stovetop Ramen Italiano
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 pkgramen noodles, save 1 flavor packet (any flavor)
4italian sausage links skinned or 1# loose, sweet or hot
3/4 -1 bag(s)mixed frozen pepper and onions or fresh if you prefer
1 1/2 cfavorite pasta sauce
2eggs, lightly beaten
1 pinchhot pepper flakes (optional)
1 tspitalian seasoning
3 Tbspevoo (1t/2t)
8 ozgrated mozzarella or italian cheese blend
112" fry pan(see note), pam for colander
How to Make Stovetop Ramen Italiano
- Prepare ramen according to package, add flavor packet only cooking 2 min. Drain noodles. I spray my colander with Pam so noodles don't stick.
- Saute sausage until no longer pink and beginning to brown. Remove to a bowl and keep warm. Add 1T evoo to pan and sauté vegetables until tender. Remove to a bowl and keep warm.
- In the same pan on medium low heat, add 2T evoo and place ramen in pan, pour egg over noodles, using a fork to distribute egg, cover and cook about 1 or 2 minutes until egg is set.
- Pour sauce over noodles and leave some space around edge, smooth and press carefully into noodles . The amount of sauce depends on the moistness of the dish, not enough and it will be dry, too much and it will not cut like a pie wedge.
- Sprinkle sausage, veggie mix, hot pepper flake (opt) and italian seasoning on top. Smother with mozzarella, or Italian cheese blend. Cover and heat until cheese has melted, a minute or so.
- Let sit for a few minutes . Serve with salad and Italian bread. I serve this in the pan.
- NOTE: I have used a 10" pan and it worked just as well. The servings were a little thicker. Also, if you use fresh veggies, the sauté time will be longer.