Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 3 medium
- portobello mushrooms, stemmed and gills scraped out
- 1 c
- fresh spinach
- 1 small
- red bell pepper, diced
- 1 c
- part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 small
- onion, diced
- 1 tsp
- fresh garlic, minced
- 2 slice
- bacon, cooked & crumbled (optional)
How to Make Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Cover a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with non-cooking spray. Place mushrooms, gill side up, on baking sheet.
- 3In a small skillet, add the spinach with 1/2 cup water and cover. Cook on medium-high heat until spinach has wilted. Drain well and squeeze to remove any excess water. Set aside.
- 4Combine the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses in a medium sized bowl. Add the bell pepper, onion, garlic and spinach. Combine well. If you opted for the bacon, add it to the cheese mixture and combine.
- 5Stuff mushrooms with cheese mixture and bake for approximately 25 minutes.