Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
3 mediumportobello mushrooms, stemmed and gills scraped out
2 cfresh spinach
1/2 cred bell pepper, diced small
1/3 cdiced onion (small dice)
1 cpart-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cgrated Parmesan cheese
1 cshredded mozzarella, divided
1 tspfresh garlic, minced
2 slicebacon, cooked & crumbled (optional)
How to Make Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 425. Cover a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with non-cooking spray. Place mushrooms, gill side up, on baking sheet.
- In a small skillet, add the spinach with 1/2 cup water and cover. Cook on medium-high heat until spinach has wilted. Drain well and squeeze to remove any excess water. Set aside.
- Combine the ricotta, Parmesan, and 3/4 cup mozzarella in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, garlic, and spinach. Combine well.
- If you opted for the bacon, mix it in.
- Stuff mushrooms with cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes.