spicy italian vegetarian sausage
Ingredients For spicy italian vegetarian sausage
- 1/4 CUPS VITAL WHEAT GLUTEN 1/2 CUP NUTRITIONAL YEAST FLAKES 1/4 CUP CHICKPEA FLOUR 2 TBSP BILLS BEST CHIK’NISH SEASONING (IF USING ANOTHER BRAND WHICH IS SALTY, OR SALTIER THAN BILL’S BEST, YOU’LL WANT TO GREATLY REDUCE THE AMOUNT YOU USE) 2 TBS
- 2 TBSP GRANULATED ONION 1 TO 2 TBSP FENNEL SEED, OPTIONAL 2 TSP COARSELY GROUND PEPPER, PREFERABLY FRESHLY GROUND 2 TSP GROUND PAPRIKA 1 TSP DRIED CHILI FLAKES, OPTIONAL 1 TSP GROUND SMOKED PAPRIKA 1/2 TSP DRIED OREGANO 1 TSP SALT
- 1/8 TSP GROUND ALLSPICE 2 1/4 CUPS COOL WATER* 6 TO 8 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED OR PRESSED 2 TBSP OLIVE OIL 2 TBSP SOY SAUCE
How To Make spicy italian vegetarian sausage
11. In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients. Whisk together the water, garlic, olive oil and soy sauce and using a fork, gently stir into the dry ingredients. Stir just until ingredients are mixed. If dough mixture is too dry, you can add another tablespoon of water or as needed.
22. Scoop 1/2 cup dough mixture at a time and shape into logs. Place logs on piece of aluminum foil and roll up, twisting ends. Place sausages in steamer and steam for 30 minutes. Once sausages have cooled, remove from foil and refrigerate until ready to eat. After cooling, the sausages may feel a bit dry on the outside. Don’t worry, as they will soften and firm up considerably after chilling.
3Variation: You can shape the dough into little patties instead of links. If you don’t want to use aluminum foil, you can wrap the links in damp muslin or tea towel and tie ends with cotton twine.
- Last Step: Don't forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don't forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!