- 1/2 c
- extra virgin olive oil divided in two
- garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 c
- fresh bread crumbs
- salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh oregano or marjoram leaves
- 1/2 c
- chopped fresh italian parsley
- 1 1/2 lb
How to Make spaghetti, toasted bread crumbs and oregano
- 1combine 1/4 cup oil and the garlic in a 14-inch saute pan, and cook on med-low heat until the garlic turns just light golden brown. remove from heat let sit. Pour the remaining 1/4 cup oil into a seperate 12- to 14-inch saute pan set over medium heat. add the bread crumbs and cook, stirring constantly, until they are dark golden brown about 5 min-take your time. remove from the heat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the oregano and parsley, and mix thouroughly.
- 2bring 8 quarts water to a boil, add 2 tablespoons salt. Drop the spaghetti into the boiling water and cook it for 1 min less then the package instructions. just before the pasta is done, carefully ladle 1/2 cup of the boiling water into the pan containing garlic and oil. Drain the spaghetti in a colander and add and add it to the othetr pan containing garlic and oil . toss over medium heat for about 30 seconds, until coated. then add half ofthe toasted bread crumb mixture to the spaghetti and toss until well mixed. pour the spaghetti into a warmed bowl and serve with the remaining toasted breadcrumbs mixture in a bowl on the side. season it with salt an pepper only to taste.