Spaghetti Sauce -- Italiano
My favorite Spaghetti EVER was that served by a full figured robust cook, who happened to be of color. in a Joliet, Illinois Restaurant, a few years back.
I loved her dearly for the Plate she sat before me, and told her so. She didn't love me enough, to give me her recipe.
Alas, she was already married. I still long for that Dish. (The spaghetti that is.) Miss her, as well as, her Plate.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 can(s)diced tomatoes (hunts) 14oz.
1 can(s)tomato paste (contadina) not sauce 4 oz? small
1/2 mediumonion diced very fine
3 Tbspdry italian seasoning
2 tsporegano dry additional
1/2 tspsalt and pepper each
3 to 4good sized bay leafs.
1 can(s)water 14 oz.
1 tspgravy master or kitchen bouquet to darken
1 to 1 1/2 lbcooked hamurger minced fine
How to Make Spaghetti Sauce -- Italiano
- This is my attempt to replicate and duplicate the Sauce she put before me. Get close but not quite. Maybe I'm not stirring enough love in to it. I do crave the pungent -- slight bitterness that Bay Leaf provides to the dish.
- In a large frying pan add all ingredients except the Hamburger, the Gravy Master and the can of water. Reserve Salt and Pepper until nearing finish. Slow simmer and stir and mix well. Keep count of the Bay Leafs so you can retrieve. They are a choke hazard.
- In separate pan cook Hamburger. You could add a little finely diced additional onion. As Hamburger cooks Salt and Pepper to taste, and mince fine. I use the wire potato masher to do this right in the pan. the finer minced the better.
- Whern Hamburger is cooked add to sauce. I also use the juices from pan and find they are more juice than grease. I add a little water and scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan and add.
- Simmer all on very low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust Salt and Pepper if needed. I happen to like my Spaghetti Sauce dark in color so I stir in 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Gravy Master or Kitchen Bouquet to color. Note: Retrieve the Bay Leafs. Add a little water if needed.
- I'll be adding my Italian Meatball recipe very soon and my Baked Spaghetti creation (Those terms will get them.) Ciao. Enjoy
- Note: This sauce could be placed in Crock Pot and slow cooked 3 to 5 hours. add a little water if needed.