3 largegarlic cloves chopped as finely as possible
·drizzle of olive oil
1 1/2 lblean ground beef
1 pkgfresh mushrooms (optional)
1 largeonion, chopped
1 tsporegano, dried
1/2 tspbasil, dried
dash(es)salt and pepper
26 oz cans of tomato paste
16 ozdiced tomatoes
1 1/2 tspfresh parsley
228 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
1/3 cred wine, optional
How to Make Spaghetti Sauce....
- Brown ground beef til beef is crumbly-drain and set aside.
- In large saucepan just cover bottom with olive oil.
- Place your garlic in your oil-let soak while you dice up your onion-do not heat yet!
- Place diced onion aside-heat the oil and garlic over medium heat-heat until you see bubbles around the garlic!
- When you see the bubbles around the garlic add your diced onion-lower heat to med-low.
- Simmer all of this for about 5 minutes-at this time add 1 tsp of Oregano, 1/2 tsp of basil-dash of salt and pepper.
- Add you two cans of tomato paste-fill up cans with water and to clean outside of can add to your onion and garlic in pot...mix up well-simmer for about 4 minutes, add now 1/2 tsp of oregano (you will be adding this all the way through) touch of salt and pepper again.
- After 4 minutes add your beef into your roux for your spaghetti sauce.
- Add your diced tomatoes-simmer for about 10 minutes-add 1 tsp of oregano, 1/2 tsp of basil, 1 1/2 tsp of fresh chopped parsley, a dash of cajun seasoning and 1/2 tsp of garlic pepper and throw in some black pepper.
- Keep stirring sauce-occasionally.
- Now add your 2 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes along with 1 tsp of parsley, 3 dashes of basil, 3 dashes of garlic powder-stir together well-keep at medium heat.
- Add your teaspoon of sugar and bay leaf at this point-mix well again.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes-if you wish you may add your 1/3 cup of red wine at this point.
- I have found the longer this sauce simmers the better it tastes! Before serving remove your bay leaf. Serve over hot spaghetti!