This recipe is from entertaining with the Sopranos. Loved that show!
- eight large eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano or parmesan reggiano
- 1 pound spaghetti or bucatini, cooked and drained
- 2 ounces sliced genoa salami or soppressata, chopped
- 2 ounces sliced prosciutto or boiled ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces provolone, chopped
How to Make spaghetti pie
- 1in a large bowl, beat the eggs, grated cheese, and pepper to taste. You will not need salt, because the meat and cheeses are salty. Add the spaghetti, salami, and prosciutto to the bowl and toss well.
- 2Heat the oil in a 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour half of the pasta into the skillet. Scatter the provolone on top. Pour on the remaining spaghetti mixture.
- 3Turn heat to medium low. Cover the pan and cook five minutes. Slide a spatula under the pie and lift gently around the edges to allow some of the uncooked eggs to slide underneath. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until the eggs are almost set and the bottom is Golden.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
Place the skillet under the broiler to brown the top and finish cooking the eggs, about 3 to 5 minutes more.
Run a spatula under the pie to loosen it. Lift the handle of the pan and slipped the pie out onto a serving platter. Cut into wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature.