- 1 1/4
- italian sausage
- onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- egg whites
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 c
- parmesean cheese (divided)
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 can(s)
- (26 oz) jars of spaghetti sauce
- 1 box
- ziti pasta (uncooked) but rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp
- chopped parsely
How to Make Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- 1Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned; drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg whites, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and oregano; mix well.
- 2In the slow cooker, layer 2 cups sauce, half the sausage mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half the ziti, and half the ricotta mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley on top.
- 3Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours, or until pasta is tender.