Blue Ribbon Recipe
So easy and quick to prepare - perfect for a fast meal after a long work day! The Test Kitchen
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1/2 lb
- mild Italian sausage
- 1 jar(s)
- (26 oz) tomato & basil pasta sauce (your favorite)
- 1 c
- lasagna noodles, uncooked (broken into 2 inch or so pieces)
- 12 oz
- container of cottage cheese (I like small curd)
- 1/2 c
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- dried parsley
- 2 c
- shredded Italian blend cheese
- small green pepper (about half a cup)
- 1/4 c
How to Make Skillet Lasagna
- 1In a large skillet cook together ground beef and Italian sausage. Half way through add the green peppers and onion. Cook until meat is cooked through and onions are clear. Drain.
- 2Stir in pasta sauce, water and uncooked, broken lasagna noodles.
- 3Reduce heat to medium low and cover with a lid. Cook for 20 - 25 mins. Stir occsionally until pasta is almost tender.
- 4Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cottage cheese, Parmesan, parsley and egg. Spread over partially cooked meat mixture. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Cover again and cook 10 - 15 minutes longer or until cottage cheese mix is set and pasta is tender.