Sicilian Seafood Sauce
4green onions, chopped
2 cfresh mushrooms, sliced
112-oz. can tomato paste
1-1/2 cmadeira wine
1 Tbspdried tarragon, crushed
1-1/2 cheavy cream or half and half
4egg yolks, beaten
1-1/2 lbcooked, jumbo shrimp, shelled, deveined
How to Make Sicilian Seafood Sauce
- In a large skillet, over low-medium heat, cook onions and mushrooms in butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables with slotted spoon.
- In same skillet, mix tomato paste, wine and tarragon.
- Bring to a boil and boil vigorously for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cream and egg yolks; add to skillet; stirring well.
- Heat through, stirring constantly.
- Add reserved vegetables and shrimp.
- Cook another 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve over rice or your favorite pasta.