★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 mediumeggs, beaten
1/4 csoft bread crumbs
1/2 ctomato juice
1/2 tsporegano, dried
1 mediumgarlic clove, minced
2 lblean ground beef
8 sliceboiled ham, thinly sliced
6 ozmozzarella cheese, shredded
3 slicemozzarella cheese
How to Make Sicilian Meat Roll
- Combine eggs, crumbs, juice, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add beef and mix well.
- On waxed paper or foil, pat meat into a 12x10 rectangle.
- Arrange ham slices atop meat leaving a small margin around the edges.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the ham.
- Starting from narrow end of the rectangle, roll up the meat using the paper (or foil) to lift.
- Seal edges and ends.
- Place roll seam side down on a 13x9x2in baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for one hour and fifteen minutes or until done.
- Note: Center of roll will be pink due to colouration from ham slices.
- Cut three slices of mozeralla cheese diagonally and place them on top of the roll.
- Return to oven until cheese melts, approx 5 minutes.
- Also delicious served cold or in sandwich breads.