★★★★★ 1 vote
4 to 6
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb
- loose sweet italian sausage
- 1 pkg
- stove top chicken stuffing mix
- 1 lb
- mozzarella or provlolone cheese
How to Make Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
- 1Cut zucchini lengthwise, clean out the seeds, scoop out most of the meaty part and cube it.
- 2Brown the Italian sausage, chopped onion and garlic till meat is no longer pink, add the cubed zucchini, cover and cook an additional 5 - 8 minutes
then set aside. Prepare the stuffing mix as on package, when done combine it with the sausage mixture.
- 3Pour some spaghetti sauce on bottom of 9 x 13 baking pan. Place the cut zucchini halves in the dish, top with the sausage/stuffing mixture, pour enough sauce on top to cover all, then place the sliced cheese on top, bake in 350 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes until it's heated through and the cheese is brown and bubbly.