★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 can(s)low sodium chicken broth(14.5 oz each)
1/2 lbbulk pork sausage
2 Tbspolive oil
1 cdiced sweet onion
10 ozbutton mushrooms, sliced
2 clovegarlic, chopped
1 carborio rice
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
1/4 cchopped freash parsley
How to Make Sausage and Mushroom Risotto
- Warm broth in a small covered pot over low hear
- Crumble sausage into a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Brown 5 to 7 minutes, breaking apart meat with wooden spoon. Transfer sausage to a medium bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Pour oil into the same pan. Add onion and saute 3 minutes. Stir in mushrooms; saute 5 to 7 minutes until they are brown and soft. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Transfer mixture to bowl with sausage.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add rice; toast 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup of the warm broth. Scrape brown bits from bottom of the pan. When liquid is almost absorbed, add another 1/3 cup of broth. Continue adding broth 1/3 cup at a time, stirring frequently until it is gone and rice is tender. About 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in cooked sausage-vegetable mixture, salt, pepper, cheese and parsley. Serv immediately.