Rev BJ Friley
2 can(s)(8 oz. each) low-sodium tomato sauce
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 tsporegano, fresh
1 pkg(10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
1 ccarrot, shredded
1container (15 to 16 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
1 cpart-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make Rustic Lasagna
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, but DO NOT add salt.
- While noodles are cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13 X 9-inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Set baking dish aside.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, garlic, and oregano.
- Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine broccoli, carrot, ricotta, and Parmesan.
- Mix well.
- Drain noodles in a colander.
- Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce in bottom of prepared dish.
- Place 3 noodles on top of tomato sauce.
- Spread half of broccoli mixture over noodles.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of tomato sauce over broccoli.
- Place 3 noodles on top.
- Spread with remaining broccoli mixture.
- Top with 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- Top with remaining noodles and tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over top.
- Bake until bubbling, about 45 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares.