Ricotta Gnocchi with Lemon Basil Pesto
These gnocchi are light and refeshing! The perfect spring meal.
- ricotta gnocchi
- 1 lb
- whole milk ricotta
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- lemon basil pesto
- lemon cut into pieces (just pulp not skin)
- 1/2 c
- fresh basil packed
- 1 clove
- 2 Tbsp
- pine nuts
- 1/4 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Ricotta Gnocchi with Lemon Basil Pesto
- 1In a large bowl, whip the ricotta to break up the curds. Add the egg and stir until evenly combined.
- 2Add flour and mix well.
- 3Roll into snake, cut into 1/2 inch piece and make an indentation with your thumb into each gnocchi.
- 4Dust with corn meal.
- 5Place in boiling water when they rise to the top they are done.
- 6MAKE PESTO BEFORE COOKING GNOCCHI!!
Place lemon in food processor and process till finely chopped.
- 7Add basil, pine nuts and garlic blend.
- 8Add cheese and drizzle olive oil in as processing.
- 9In a medium hot saute pan add 2-3 tablespoons of oil and 4-5 strips of lemon zest
- 10Add drained gnocchi to saute pan add prepared lemon pesto toss add some parmesan cheese. Serve hot.