Ricotta Gnocchi with Lemon Basil Pesto
These gnocchi are light and refeshing! The perfect spring meal.
1 lbwhole milk ricotta
·lemon basil pesto
1lemon cut into pieces (just pulp not skin)
1/2 cfresh basil packed
2 Tbsppine nuts
1/4 cparmigiano-reggiano, grated
3 Tbspolive oil
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Ricotta Gnocchi with Lemon Basil Pesto
- In a large bowl, whip the ricotta to break up the curds. Add the egg and stir until evenly combined.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Roll into snake, cut into 1/2 inch piece and make an indentation with your thumb into each gnocchi.
- Dust with corn meal.
- Place in boiling water when they rise to the top they are done.
- MAKE PESTO BEFORE COOKING GNOCCHI!!
Place lemon in food processor and process till finely chopped.
- Add basil, pine nuts and garlic blend.
- Add cheese and drizzle olive oil in as processing.
- In a medium hot saute pan add 2-3 tablespoons of oil and 4-5 strips of lemon zest
- Add drained gnocchi to saute pan add prepared lemon pesto toss add some parmesan cheese. Serve hot.