Pressed Italian Sandwiches
- 7 oz
- jar fire roasted sweet red bell peppers
- olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 medium
- ciabatta rolls (or use loaf and slice after)
- 2-3 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 lb
- assorted italian meats (three variates of salami)
- 1 pkg
- bocconcini medallions (or use sheet)
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch
- of arugula (rinsed and patted dry)
How to Make Pressed Italian Sandwiches
- 2To prepare the sandwiches, cut your ciabatta rolls in half and butter each piece. This will help prevent moisture from getting into the bread. Place a layer of red pepper on bottom slice of bread.
- 3Top with a generous layer of cold meats (4 or 5 layers).
- 4Pat your Bocconcini slices dry with a piece of paper towel. Top the cold meat with a layer of the bocconcini slices. Drizzle some balsamic vinegar over the Bocconcini slices.
- 5Top with a generous layer of arugula. Top with the top slice of ciabatta.
- 6Wrap each sandwich tightly with plastic wrap and place on a platter. When all the sandwiches are prepared, place the platter in the refrigerator. Place a heavy skillet on top of sandwiches to apply weight. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or ideally, overnight. When ready to serve, remove from plastic wrap.
- 7For a cute presentation or picnic you can trim the sides and wrap each in parchment paper tied with string.