Pressed Italian Sandwiches
7 ozjar fire roasted sweet red bell peppers
·salt & pepper to taste
6 mediumciabatta rolls (or use loaf and slice after)
1 1/2 lbassorted italian meats (three variates of salami)
1 pkgbocconcini medallions (or use sheet)
1 bunchof arugula (rinsed and patted dry)
How to Make Pressed Italian Sandwiches
- To prepare the sandwiches, cut your ciabatta rolls in half and butter each piece. This will help prevent moisture from getting into the bread. Place a layer of red pepper on bottom slice of bread.
- Top with a generous layer of cold meats (4 or 5 layers).
- Pat your Bocconcini slices dry with a piece of paper towel. Top the cold meat with a layer of the bocconcini slices. Drizzle some balsamic vinegar over the Bocconcini slices.
- Top with a generous layer of arugula. Top with the top slice of ciabatta.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly with plastic wrap and place on a platter. When all the sandwiches are prepared, place the platter in the refrigerator. Place a heavy skillet on top of sandwiches to apply weight. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or ideally, overnight. When ready to serve, remove from plastic wrap.
- For a cute presentation or picnic you can trim the sides and wrap each in parchment paper tied with string.