Peggy's Pizza Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is an absolutely gorgeous plate. I served a beautiful Italian salad with a cheesy garlic bread to compliment it. The Rotel tomatoes set this recipe apart and add just a bit of spicy heat. This is a meal in itself and a snap to make. I can't wait to serve this wonderful dish to company. Oh, and plan on going back for 2nds! The Test Kitchen
16oz. boxelbow macaroni or sea shells
1 lbground beef
2 jar(s)(16-oz.size) pizza sauce or make a large pot of homemade pizza sauce
4 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 clovegarlic chopped
1 mediumbell pepper diced
1 mediumonion diced
1 pkgmushroom pieces
1 can(s)4.25 sliced black olives
1 TbspItalian seasoning
1 pkgpepperioni sliced
12 ozpackage of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsporegano, dried
1 can(s)10 oz. rotel diced tomatoes and chilies this is optional add only if you like spicy
How to Make Peggy's Pizza Casserole
- Prepare the pasta as directed remembering to salt the water while boiling macaroni. Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl
- In a large deep skillet brown the ground beef drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat put in the olive oil and lightly saute the garlic, onion, and bell pepper until a little tender.
- Add the sauce, ground beef, Italian seasoning, and the water. Stir together and let simmer about 5 min.
- Pour over macaroni add the mushrooms and black olives. Stir all ingredients together pour in a 9x13 deep dish pan.
- Cover the top of casserole with the shredded cheese then layer the pepperoni across the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. Pepperoni and cheese should look like a pizza when ready.
- NOTE: I HAVE FOUND WHEN GIVING DIRECTIONS AND INGREDIENTS TO A RECIPE, IT IS HARD TO MAKE LIKE MINE SINCE I DO EXPERIMENT AS I COOK.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THIS RECIPE: MAKE SURE WHEN YOU HAVE MIXED ALL YOUR INGREIDENTS LISTED IN THE LIST ABOVE THAT YOU HAVE ENOUGH OF THE SAUCE FOR YOUR TYPE OF PASTA AND IF IT IS DRY OR NOT. YOU SHOULD HAVE A LITTLE SWIMMING IN THE DISH OF PASTA WHEN YOU PUT IT TOGETHER. YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE EXTRA TO ADD TO YOUR PASTA MIXTURE. DIFFERENT TYPES OF PASTA GRAB YOUR SAUCE MORE THAN OTHERS SO YOU REALLY NEED TO BE PREPARED FOR THIS TO HAPPEN.