Pizza By The Yard
*I served this with Salad
2 lbground beef
1 csliced olives
1 cchopped onions
1 cgrated parmesan cheese
12 oztomato paste
2 tsporegano, dried
2french bread loaves, cut lengthwise
6 mediumtomatoes, sliced thin
4 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make Pizza By The Yard
- cook hamburger in large skillet, drain
- add chopped onion to skillet with hamburger, cook until onions are slightly tender.
- In lg bowl: mix olives, parm. cheese, tomato paste, oregano, salt & pepper.
- add contents in bowl to the skillet with the hamburger. heat until heated through.
- lay the french bread halves, cut side facing up, onto two baking sheets. spread the hamburger mix evenly over the tops, all the way to the edges of the bread. (this keeps the edges from burning while broiling)
- place under broiler about 3-5 min, then remove
- top with tomato slices and mozzarella cheese, sprinkle with xtra oregano (optional)
- broil another 3 min or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.