Pizza à la carbonara
- one package refrigerated pizza dough, 10 ounces
- parmesan pizza sauce or regular pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound bacon, crisp cooked, drained and crumbled, 10 to 11 slices
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- three green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, 6 ounces
How to Make Pizza à la carbonara
- 1lightly grease an 11 -- 13 inch pizza pan. unroll pizza dough and transfer to greased pan, pressing dough out with your hands. Build up edges slightly. Prick generously with a fork. Bake in a 425° oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2Spread the pizza sauce over hot crust. Top with bacon, mushrooms, and green onions. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake about 12 minutes more or till cheese melts and sauce is bubbly. Let stand five minutes before serving. Makes four servings.