★★★★★ 1 vote5
- pre-made pizza dough (you can use the canned type, but it’s really not as good; i find mine here at publix; i had also found it in tennessee at whole foods).
- pepperoni slices (i use turkey pepperoni and can’t tell the difference)
- cheese: shredded “italian blend” or for double dave’s sticklers, use sliced smoked provolone·
- seasonings — to taste: dried basil, garlic powder, salt
- marinara sauce (your favorite thick sauce)
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Peproni roll knock off
- 1Tip: Let the pizza dough sit at room temperature for about an hour and a half before trying to work with it. Otherwise, it won’t stretch or expand.
- 2How to: Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray. Spray your hands too so you can work with the dough easily. Divide the dough into equal parts (how many? it depends on how big the dough ball is! The dough I buy is about 3 cups worth so I divide it into 4 parts).
- 3Using your hands, press the dough so that it is flat (this will take a little work so keep trying!). If you are really talented, try your hand at tossing it like a real pizza chef does!
- 4Sprinkle seasoning and Parmesan cheese on the dough (to taste). Top with pepperoni slices and shredded Italian cheese or provolone.
- 5Starting with the edge closest to you, roll it over the toppings while “tucking” them under. Pinch the ends of the dough together. Once you have formed a roll, place the “seam” side down on the pizza pan. Repeat this process to make the other “rolls.”
- 6If desired, sprinkle the top of the rolls with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 degrees until the top is lightly browned (about 10 -15 minutes). Serve with heated marinara sauce (for dipping).