Pasta with Carbonara Sauce
This is traditionally served with spaghetti, but any long or ribbon shape, such as tagliatelle or linguine, will be fine.Unknown Source
- 7 oz. dried pasta, such as spaghetti or linguine
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and ground black pepper
How to Make Pasta with Carbonara Sauce
- 1Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to package instructions, about 8 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, heat butter in small skillet. Add shallot, garlic and bacon and cook for 5 minutes til golden. Put the eggs, cream and Parmesan into a bowl and beat, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Drain pasta and return to hot pan. Remove pan from heat and add shallot mixture. Add egg mixture and toss well. Divide between 2 serving bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan and black pepper, the serve at once. Serves 2