Just wait tell you try this..
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspolive oil, divided
1 lbground beef (i used ground sirloin)
2 clovegarlic cloves, crushed
1/4 tspfreshly ground pepper
1 oz28 ounces good quality crushed tomatoes
·butter, for pan
1 cparmesan cheese, finely grated
8 ozcoarsely grated mozzarella cheese
How to Make Pasta Pie
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until slightly underdone (I cooked mine for 12 minutes when the box indicated 14 minutes). One pound of pasta should be cooked in 6 quarts of water, make sure you are using a big enough pot so the pasta doesn't stick together. When done, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss pasta with 1 Tablespoon olive oil to coat. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Add crushed tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Toss pasta with Parmesan cheese. Butter a 9-inch spring-form pan. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta.
- Push the meat sauce into the pasta holes filling each one up. Stuffing the meat into the holes is a weirdly satisfying task. Enough said.
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and then unmold.
- Cut into wedges and serve with any remaining meat sauce you might have.