- olive oil, as needed
- 2 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp
- 1 1/4 tsp
- quick-rise yeast
- 1/3 c
- purchased or homemade pesto (*see note)
- ripe plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 oz
- thinly sliced prosciutto di parma, cut in strips
- 3/4 c
- parmigiano-reggiano in thin shavings or coarsely grated
- freshly ground black pepper (optional)
How to Make Parma Ham & Cheese Pizza
- 1Adjust oven rack to the lowest position. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Lightly coat a 12-inch pizza pan with olive oil.
- 2To Make the Dough: In a food processor container, combine 1 cup of the flour, the salt, yeast, 1 T. olive oil and 3/4 c. very warm water (120?F.). Pulse three times to blend. Add the remaining 1 1/4 c. flour; process until mixture forms a ball; process until fully kneaded, about 45 seconds longer. Place dough in a bowl coated with olive oil; turn to grease the top of the dough; cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 3On the pizza pan, pat and gently stretch the dough into a 12-inch round. Spread 2 T. of the pesto over the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Arrange the slices of tomato on top. Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 18 - 20 minutes. Top with the prosciutto strips and grated Parmesan. Drizzle with the remaining pesto. Sprinkle pizza with black pepper, if desired.
To Make Pesto; in a blender or food processor container, combine 1 cup of loosely packed fresh basil leaves, 5 T. olive oil, 3 T. grated Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic; blend until smooth.
To Make Parmesan Shavings, pull a vegetable peeler across the surface of a wedge of the cheese.