Oven Fried Parsnips and Cheese Steak Panini with Chive Butter Sauce - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
I used leftover Iron Skillet Steak from our meal the night before, adding Oven Fried Parsnips, Chive Butter Sauce, red peppers, onions, mushrooms, cream cheese and a zesty mozzarella cheese to bring this zesty sammie together.
This is a spicy blend and the heat is controlled by the cook. Spice it or tone it down!
Oven Fried Parnips was inspired from Bonnie Dare's Oven Fries. I served this sammie with a side of Bonnie's Oven Fries.
OVEN FRIED PARSNIPS INGREDIENTS
1/4 tspkosher salt
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
1/4 tspitalian seasoning
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
4 ozleftover new york strip (or other meat of choice) already cooked
2 Tbspcream cheese
·olive oil, extra virgin
1/3 largeonion, sliced
1/3 largered bell pepper, sliced
3/4 cfresh mushrooms, sliced
·salt and pepper to taste
3 to 4 Tbspchive butter sauce
4 slicesour dough bread (these were large slices)
3 to 4 ozmozzarella cheese ( i used a zeasty marinated by cappiello)
How to Make Oven Fried Parsnips and Cheese Steak Panini with Chive Butter Sauce - Dee Dee's
- DIRECTIONS FOR OVEN FRIED PARSNIPS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine kosher salt, cayenne pepper and italian seasoning in large ziploc bag.
- Drain parsnips and pat dry; place in ziploc bag with seasonings; shake to coat. Drizzle EVOO over parsnips; shake and press season onto parsnips evenly coating. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until fork tender.
- PREPARING PANINI:
I used a cast iron skillet and a cast iron panini press to grill this sammie.
- Heat skillet and press at a medium heat until good and hot.
- Place sammie on hot skillet and place hot press on top of sammie. Grill until golden brown and cheese has melted, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Time my vary; watch close to ensure you don't burn.