★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 12 large manicotti shells
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 (26-ounce) jar prepared spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
How to Make Old-World Manicotti
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
.2Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on paper towels.
.3For filling, in medium bowl, stir together 3 cups mozzarella with the ricotta and fresh basil. Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff pasta shells with prepared cheese mixture.
.4Spoon 2 cups spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta over sauce. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top of pasta. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
.5Bake manicotti for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the Parmesan; bake for 10 minutes longer. Serve immediately..