★★★★★ 1 vote5
2refrigerated pizza crust dough
3/4 cspaghetti sauce
1/2 lbsliced pepperoni
1/2 lbsausage, cooked and drained
1/2 lbshredded mozzarella
2 Tbspfreshly grated parmesan
Smidgefresh basil, shredded
How to Make Not Quite Calzones
- Unroll one pizza crust onto a greased baking sheet and shape dough into a 14"x11" rectangle.
- Spread spaghetti sauce on half the dough to within 1" of the edge.
- Layer half the pepperoni, cooked sausage and shredded mozzarella on top of the spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of freshly grated Parmesan and a bit of shredded fresh basil.
- Fold top over and press edges firmly to seal.
- Repeat process with the second pizza crust dough.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and bake the calzone for 20 to 25 minutes or until a nice golden brown.
- Cut each calzone into four slices for a meal, or 8 slices for an appetizer and serve very hot.