Mom's Yummy Cheap Spaghetti
- 1/2 lb
- 3-4 medium
- onions, yellow, medium
- 28ounce can(s)
- whole tomatoes in juice
- 1/2-1 tsp
- 1-2 tsp
- black pepper
- 3-4 Tbsp
- spaghetti of your choice,
- parmesan cheese for serving
How to Make Mom's Yummy Cheap Spaghetti
- 1Cut the bacon into chunk size pieces.TIP:If the bacon is partially frozen,it's easier to cut-right down the middle.
- 2Cut the onion into chunk size pieces.
- 3Put all in a fry pan and cook on med heat,for maybe 10 min or so,stirring often,until the onion is soft and the bacon is done,but not really browned(it cooks more in the sauce).Drain the excess grease off.
- 4Simply add the entire one can of tomatoes in juice,then the salt,pepper,and sugar.Simmer on low to medium heat for about 30-40 min's,chopping the tomatoes with the back of your spoon to add juice.You can add a small amount of water while it cooks down-it does get thick...
- 5Cook pasta,then drain it.Serve the tomato sauce mix over the hot pasta and sprinle with parmesan cheese when you eat it.
The secret to this recipe is the right blend of pepper and sugar.If you use 1tsp of pepper,you might use 3TB sugar,and likewise,2tsp of pepper might take 3 1/2-4TB of sugar.It's all to your taste.Play with it...but remember-while you can always add ingredients,you can't take them away once they're added!So watch the pepper!
And lastly,don't forget the parm cheese!