Mom's Bolognese Sauce
The recipe comes from my mom's Italian kitchen. She is without a doubt the best cook ever!
1celery stalk, chopped
1 Tbspolive oil
1 lbchopped meat
1/2 cdry white wine
1/2 cchicken broth
1 can(s)italian crushed tomatoes (i use tutta rosa crushed tomatoes in the green can.)
2 clovegarlic, minced
2-3 tsphalf and half
·salt, pepper, parsely, basil to taste (i'm not a fan of oregano, but you go right ahead if you like it)
How to Make Mom's Bolognese Sauce
- In a large pot, saute carrot and celery in olive oil and butter.
- When the veggies are soft, add the chopped meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the wine, chicken broth and tomatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper, Italian parsley and basil to taste. (And/or oregano, if you like.) I use dried herbs but I'm sure fresh would be great.
- Add the minced garlic and half and half.
- Cook on low heat for about an hour or so. Be sure to stir every so often.
- Serve over 1 lb of your favorite pasta...like ziti, penne, rigatoni, etc. And, of course, don't forget the grated parmesan or romano cheese!!!!!!!