Mediterranean Style Pesto / Olive Pizza
- 1 large
- pizza crust
- 2 Tbsp
- mayonaise, not miracle whip
- 1/2 c
- pesto sauce
- 1 medium
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- kalamata olives, pitted
- roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 oz
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Mediterranean Style Pesto / Olive Pizza
- 1Preheat oven to 425. (If using a pizza stone, preheat it, too. A pizza stone makes the crust more crispy on the bottom side.)
- 2If not using a pizza stone, place pizza crust on pizza pan or heavy aluminum foil to catch any drips while in the oven.
- 3Spread the mayonaise, evenly, on the top side of the pizza crust. The mayo will keep the pesto from soaking into the crust, to avoid soggy crust.
- 4Spread the pesto sauce, evenly, over the mayo.
- 5Places rings of onion, sliced tomato, pitted olives, and crumbled feta cheese on top of the pesto layer.
- 6Top with shredded mozzarella.
- 7Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- 8Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes.