Mediterranean Style Pesto / Olive Pizza
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 largepizza crust
2 Tbspmayonaise, not miracle whip
1/2 cpesto sauce
1 mediumred onion, thinly sliced
1/2 ckalamata olives, pitted
2roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
6 ozfeta cheese, crumbled
1 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tspolive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Mediterranean Style Pesto / Olive Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425. (If using a pizza stone, preheat it, too. A pizza stone makes the crust more crispy on the bottom side.)
- If not using a pizza stone, place pizza crust on pizza pan or heavy aluminum foil to catch any drips while in the oven.
- Spread the mayonaise, evenly, on the top side of the pizza crust. The mayo will keep the pesto from soaking into the crust, to avoid soggy crust.
- Spread the pesto sauce, evenly, over the mayo.
- Places rings of onion, sliced tomato, pitted olives, and crumbled feta cheese on top of the pesto layer.
- Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes.