Meatballs smothered in Mozzarella
- 1 1/2 lb
- meatloaf mix, (beef, pork,veal combo)
- 4 clove
- garlic, roughly chopped not minced
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 c
- bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1 c
- shredded parmesan, not grated
- eggs, lightly beaten
- salt to taste
- spaghetti sauce of your choice, approx. two 24oz jars
- 3 c
- shredded mozzarella, depends on how cheesy you want it!
How to Make Meatballs smothered in Mozzarella
- 1Mix all ingredients in a large bowl except for spaghetti sauce and shredded mozzarella. Form your meatballs but not too large. Should make approximately 32 meatballs. Pan fry meatballs to brown them. Don't worry about cooking them through. They will finish cooking in the oven.
- 2Preheat oven to 375. Pour some sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 pan or you could use decorative pans for serving individually or special occasions. Lay meatballs on top of sauce. Cover with more sauce and then top with mozzarella to cover all meatballs. It should be smothered with mozzarella!
- 3Cover pan with foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.Remove foil from pan and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes until cheese is melted and meatballs are cooked through. Serve alone or with spaghetti.