Meatball stuffed shells
These shells can be served as a meal with bread and salad, served on the side of another Italian dinner or be set out on their own! Meatball fans will be shocked and impressed! Enjoy :)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1/4 cgreen pepper
1 lbground beef
1 Tbsporegano, dried
1 Tbspitalian seasoning blend
1 boxmacaroni, large shells
1/2 citalian bread crumbs
1 jar(s)spaghetti sauce
1 pkgshredded cheese italian blend or mozzarella
How to Make Meatball stuffed shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil on med-high heat and add onion, pepper and garlic. Sautee for 2 to 3 minutes, then add hamburger, oregano and Italian seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until hamburger is no longer pink. Drain, leaving maybe 2 Tbsp. of fat for flavor. Remove from heat and cool.
- Prepare shells as directed on the box. Be sure the shells are cooked until tender. Drain and cool in a soak of cold water (maybe 2 minutes).
- Transfer meat to a mixing bowl and add egg, breadcrumbs, and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Mix vigorously until a soft meaty stuffing is formed.
- Form heaping spoonfuls of stuffing and gently place them inside cooked pasta shells.
- Empty jar of spaghetti sauce over the entire pan of stuffed shells, dress with mozzarella cheese, cover
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.