Martha Stewart's Cocktail Meatballs
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Hr 15 Min
- 2 slice
- white or other soft bread, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 1 lb
- ground beef chuck
- 1 lb
- ground pork
- 6 slice
- thin slices pancetta (2 1/2 ounces), finely diced
- small onion, minced (1/3 cup)
- 2 large
- large egg yolks, lightly beaten coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- mild smoked paprika (also called pimenton)
- 2 tsp
- finely chopped fresh thyme extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
How to Make Martha Stewart's Cocktail Meatballs
- 1Soften bread thoroughly in milk in a large bowl. Add beef, pork, pancetta, and onion; mix with your hands. Mix in egg yolks, 2 teaspoons salt, some pepper, the paprika, and thyme.
- 2Form into 1- to 1 1/4-inch balls. Chill in a single layer 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly coat a large skillet with oil, and fry meatballs in a single layer (do not crowd) over medium-high heat until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- 4Transfer to a baking pan, and bake until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
See Martha Stewart's Comfort Food Recipes Collections. How To and Step-by-Step Instructions for great meatball recipes from Martha Stewart at marthastewart.com/...@center/854190/comfort-food-recipes. Check out all of Martha's comfort food recipes at marthastewart.com.