Linguini and White Clam Sauce
3 can(s)chopped clams (snows preferably)
4 Tbspunsalted butter or extra virgin olive oil
3 clovegarlic or 1 tbsp
3 Tbspall purpose flour
2/3 cheavy cream
2 Tbspitalian parsley
1/2 tspsalt, or to taste
1/4 tspblack pepper, or to taste
How to Make Linguini and White Clam Sauce
- Open the canned clams, and strain off the juice into a separate bowl.
- Begin melting the butter/heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Slice garlic (for milder taste) or use a microplane to grate the garlic (stronger taste) directly into the pan.
Cook garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir flour into the butter/oil mixture and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
Pour the clam liquid, into the frying pan, whisking to avoid lumps.
Bring to a boil, and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and continue cooking for 1 minute.
Sauce should coat the back of a spoon.
- Turn off heat, stir in clams and parsley.
Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper.
Serve over hot linguini with a green salad and crusty bread.