Linguini and White Clam Sauce
- 3 can(s)
- chopped clams (snows preferably)
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 clove
- garlic or 1 tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2/3 c
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- italian parsley
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper, or to taste
How to Make Linguini and White Clam Sauce
- 1Open the canned clams, and strain off the juice into a separate bowl.
- 2Begin melting the butter/heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Slice garlic (for milder taste) or use a microplane to grate the garlic (stronger taste) directly into the pan.
Cook garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Stir flour into the butter/oil mixture and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
Pour the clam liquid, into the frying pan, whisking to avoid lumps.
Bring to a boil, and cook 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in the cream and continue cooking for 1 minute.
Sauce should coat the back of a spoon.
- 5Turn off heat, stir in clams and parsley.
Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper.
Serve over hot linguini with a green salad and crusty bread.