letizia's best eggplant parmiggiana
- 3 large
- firm eggplants
- few c
- 3 large
- bags of shredded mozzarella (2cups each)
- 3 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- marinara sauce , triple size
- amount of vegetable oil .
How to Make letizia's best eggplant parmiggiana
- 1make my marinara sauce and triple the size. peel and cut eggplants the long side down.get a large colander and make a layer of the sliced eggplants. sprinkle salt on it . repeat layers until all eggplant is finished. underneath the colander put a past bowl to collect the water that will come out . on top of the layered eggplants put a flat dish and a heavy weight on i.... like for exaple a very big bottle of veg oil. let it sit for at least half hour .
- 2this will get a sour brownish water out , is to take the souness out of the eggplant . then you rinse each slice under water. then you dry them with a kitchen towel.
- 3take 4 eggs or more and wisk them with a wisk. put each slice in egg, then breadcrumbs. when you are done doing this . put i cup of vegetable oil in a large frying pan. start frying them until crisp . you will need to change the oil , frequently as it will get too dirty, from frying .
- 4when you are done frying . get a 9x13 baking dish that is also a little deep . put a little bit of sauce on the bottom . start layering the eggplant . first eggplant , then sauce , grated cheese and mozzarella cheese . repeat layers until all done . bake at 400 for 45 minutes or until done . enjoy it's delicious .