★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 c onion,chopped
- 4 cloves garlic,minced
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 c water
- 2 t. sugar
- 2 t. fresh basil,chopped
- 4 t. fresh italian parsley,chopped
- 1 t salt
- 2 t. italian seasoning
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 1 lb pepperoni
- 3 c of ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1 c freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles
How to Make Lasagna
- 1Saute onion,garlic and ground beef in a skillet until meat is browned. Add tomatoes,tomato sauce,paste,water,salt,pepper,sugar,basil,parsley and Italian seasoning. Simmer 20 mins,stirring occasionally.
Spread 2 c of meat sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
Place half of the pepperoni on sauce.
Cook noodles according to pkg directions. Drain.
Lay 6 noodles across the layer of sauce.
Combine ricotta or cottage cheese with the egg,mix well.
Spread half of the ricotta or cottage cheese mixture over the layer of noodles.
Spread 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese over the cottage layer.
Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over the mozzarella layer
Spread 2 cups meat sauce over the cheese layer
Place the remaining 6 noodles
Spread the remaining ricotta or cottage cheese mixture over noodles
Spread the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses saving some cheese for the top of the lasagna
Put the last layer of meat sauce on top of the cheeses
Add remaining pepperoni
Cover with foil
Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 25 minutes
Remove foil and bake uncovered for another 25 minutes.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for approximately 15 minutes.